I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted – and my posts have been very sporadic over the past few months – but I wanted to post an update what I’ve been up to lately. Truthfully, I’m not even sure if anyone is still actively following/reading my blog, but I’m going to post anyways.
- I’m still sober – 53 or 54 days, depending on whatever sobriety counter app I look at. But I haven’t had anything to drink since about 11:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- I’m working with the same sponsor I had before and I’m about to to take Step 3 in the Alcoholics Anonymous 12-Step program.
- I’m working as a laboratory technician analyzing hydrocarbons in samples submitted by the oil & gas industry to the lab where I work. I am using a GC/MS and doing other tests, as well.
- I’m still pursuing other work, because the above does not fulfill me, nor does it help me meet my goals.
- I still have the goal of losing weight and getting healthy, but I’m focused on sobriety right now.
- I still struggle with relationships, my sexuality, who I am as a person, but again, I’ve decided my sobriety needs to be my primary focus right now.
Honestly, it’s hard to give a proper update, since it feels like so much time passes between posts, but I wanted to give a fair and concise idea what’s happening in my life. I’m going to post at least another entry – mostly because I’m in the mood and have the day off for a doctor’s appointment (no worries, this is just a check-up, since I have medical insurance again).